- Video Duration
- Age Range
- 10 to 16
In December 2001, President George W. Bush declared September 11 as Patriots Day to remember those who died that day-- more than 3,000 people. Many people have a moment of silence at 8:46 Eastern Daylight Time.
- Talk to your parents about September 11 and what they remember.
- Make plans with your family to serve others on September 11. Rockhoppers:
- Draw a picture to honor first responders.
- Bake some cookies or a cake to take to a fire station to thank firefighters. Cragsmen:
- Write an essay, a story, or a poem about some part of the events of September 11.
Members Only Content
Sign up for a paid membership.
ResourcesGet Video Lesson
- Lesson PDF (pdf)
- Intended to be used on a weekly basis.
- Students describe how they put the character trait into practice.
- Parent affirms, signs and dates the document.
*Members can add student name